Monday, June 28, 2010

i'm as shocked as you are, or, he may be Erik but I call him Eric, or, "MOMMY, ERIC TALKS TO HIMSELF" "yes, sweetie, but you see, WE DON'T CARE"

Just days ago I was imagining a future with my mom and her boyfriend happily married and having children that she can pressure to give her grandchildren, not me. And then, suddenly, I am interrupted in the middle of my Avatar: The Last Airbender marathon to be told that they will be going their separate ways so Eric can go back to school.

Eric will be leaving! I'm so sad. I may expressed distaste to him before, but I really will miss him. And I remember, just minutes before my heartbreak, I was opening the cupboard and thinking how I didn't want them to break up. And now, I am here, typing this post, just five feet from Eric at his computer, scheduling his trip and still calling my mom "honey".

I feel like bashing a teapot over my head.

I'll miss his cooking and way of saying "delish" and "omigosh" and other things. If this is really happening, I don't want my mom to ever date again.

But, then, I'll be the one who will have to get married and have grandchildren. Ugh. Don't even ask me why I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment