Monday, March 15, 2010

did you see the percy jackson movie?

(a still from the movie)

Because I did (actually, I saw it 2 weeks ago). And it SUCKED. Well, I mean it was pretty good; the special effects were really good, but it had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the book. They omitted a ton of important stuff, like the character Charisse, and Annabeth is supposed to have BLOND hair and GRAY eyes. Maybe it's kinda hard to find a suitable actress with gray eyes, but that's no excuse. They could have just given her contacts.

And another thing! There were all these great scenes in the book that made it awesome, but they didn't include them in the movie. I loved the scene where Percy defeated Charisse with his amazing water powers that he didn't even know he had, and they didn't even have Charisse in the movie. The movie would have been a million times better if the producers had actually READ the book. Or even glanced at it. Or even CONSULTED the AUTHOR!! I doubt the sequel will be even half as popular. Or if they'll even have a sequel. It was so disappointing that it wasn't faithful to the book. I'm a huge fan of the series, and I'd been looking forward to the movie since 2008, when I first learned that they were going to make a movie out of it. I want to stab the screenwriters. And the casting director.

So, that's it. Sorry for going crazy with the caps lock button. NO I'M NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment