Wednesday, July 7, 2010

don't you hate it when the smell of meat randomly fills your nose?


I woke up this morning to close my window, as always. Then, I woke up a couple hours later to the smell of meat. I couldn't go back to sleep, since the stench filled my nostrils. It was everywhere, and I didn't know where it was coming from. I got up again to open the window, and my mom opened the door, surprised to find me awake. And, unfortunately, I was stuck. I couldn't go back to sleep.

I went downstairs, and found the source of the smell that kept me awake was a pot of quinoa my mom was cooking for her lunch. Who knew such a tiny pot of cooked grain seeds could produce a scent that I could smell all the way upstairs in my bedroom?

So, I decided to spend my waking hours watching movies on Netflix. You see, I was upset that we didn't have cable anymore since Eric left. Yes, I know, it's pretty selfish, but reading back on that post makes me a little nauseous. Anyway, I was upset I couldn't watch Avatar: The Last Airbender, but then I found out that Netflix had all three seasons, and that I could watch them using the Wii. You know, the DVD? Anyways, I was soo happy, I watched 10 episodes from the first season in a row, starting with The Boy in the Iceberg. I was up 'till midnight. It was so late, I thought I would sleep in this morning, but as fate would have it, I didn't. Blame the quinoa.

2 comments:

  1. Aw I actually like waking up to the smell of food, it reminds me of when I still lived with my parents and my mom would make giant breakfasts on the weekends. I also think bacon is a pretty great smell to wake up to haha.

    Somehow I haven't got around to watching Avatar: The Last Airbender yet, though my uncle has raved to me about it on numerous occasions. I guess I haven't got around to it because I tend to be skeptical of 'American anime' but I've heard so many good things about it that I know I will probably love it. Another show to add to my 'must watch' list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I hate when I wake up in the morning and my Dad is cooking meat, the smell follows you everywhere! It's in the bathroom, the living room, you can't escape it. Ugh

    ReplyDelete